My book about visual effects and some of my experiences working in Hollywood is complete and I am working with an editor to make the final refinements. I hope to have it published soon and will make it available through this site.
I have been working in the field of visual effects for more than 30 years. I was involved with many features including "Ghostbusters," "Big Trouble In Little China," "2010," "Miami Vice," "Rush Hour 3" and "Twilight Breaking Dawn." I also contributed to many television shows and TV movies such as "The Love Boat," "Charlies Angels." "Project UFO," "Kiss Meets The Phantom," "Smallville," "Kings," "Lie To Me" and many more. I was a part of Star Trek for 18 years.I am a California native and earned a degree from Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, CA. I was a photographers mate in the US Navy. My wife Barbara and I reside in Las Vegas, NV.
- VES Award For Best Visual Effects in "Stormfront Part 2" 2005
- EMMY for Best Visual Effects in "Countdown" 2004
- EMMY for Best Visual Effecs in "Broken Bow" 2002
- EMMY for Best Visual Effects in "Endgame" 2001
- EMMY for Best Visual Effects in "Dark Frontier" 1999
- EMMY for Best Visual Effects in "Matter Of Time" 1992
- Thirteen nominations for Best Visual Effects Emmy
- International Monitor Award for "Thirty Days" 1999
- International Monitor Award for "Q Who" 1994
- Email: Ron@TrekVFX.com
- Las Vegas, NV.